1. Nephron is the functional unit.
2. The cortex consists of convoluted tubules together with the renal corpuscles.
3. The medulla consists of loops of Henle and collecting ducts.
4. Each kidney lobe consists of a medullary pyramid and its associated cortex.
5. A renal lobule is the portion of the kidney containing only the nephrons served by a common collecting duct.
6. Capillary endothelial cells, podocytes and mesangial cells are present.
7. Juxtaglomerular apparatus is associated with the vascular pole of renal corpuscle.
Want to read more, click below