Lightning is electrical discharge of a highly charged thunder cloud to the ground via a huge arc. If anything comes in its path, it will be damaged.
Voltage is in millions of volts (DC).
Injuries/Effects of Lightning
Physical damage in fatal cases may vary from virtually none to gross burning, fractures and tissue destruction.
First degree burns (i.e. redness) may follow skin creases along the path.
2. Fern like or Arborescent marks
Fern like or arborescent marks are seen occasionally.
3. Head Injury
Due to lightning strike or fall on the ground.
4. Damage to clothing or shoes
5. Fusion and Magnetization
Fusion and magnetization of metallic articles like wrist watches, spectacles, etc. may occur
6. Molten Nylon Articles
- Virtually a natural disaster
- Cases may be confused with homicide
- There is evidence of thunder storm
- Death of any other organism in the vicinity
- Characteristic features as discussed