A newborn delivered at term through Cesarean section in a local hospital was administered BCG vaccine at birth. Three week later he was brought to the hospital with a small painful lump on the injection site. Diagnosis of local reaction to the BCG vaccine was made.
- What are the types of vaccines?
- What is the EPI schedule? Name 5 non vaccine interventions introduced in the EPI programme.
- What are the various hazards of immunization.
By the end of the session the participants would be able to know the:
- EPI schedule along with the non vaccine interventions and their importance.
- Types of vaccines and immunizing agents.
- Hazards of immunization.
- Cold chain and its importance.
- Herd immunity.